Overnight Breakfast Oats
No-cook oatmeal is a great breakfast, packed with fiber and protein. Chia seeds, a nutritional powerhouse, make this breakfast even healthier, adding a nutritional punch. With add-ins, you can vary this breakfast to suit your mood. Keep this in your fridge for a quick and easy breakfast or a nutrition snack.
Ingredients (2 Servings)
- 1 cup rolled oats (make sure they are labelled "gluten-free" if following a gluten-free diet*)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl or quart jar and mix well.
- Place in refrigerator overnight, or for 8 hours.
- Sweeten with stevia extract, maple syrup, or honey**.
- Serve warm or serve cold with your choice of add-ins.
- Fresh berries
- Fresh, diced mango or other fruit
- Unsweetened, dried fruit, such as raisins, cranberries, cherries, apricots
- Raw nuts, pumpkin seeds (pepitas), sunflower seeds***
* For information about gluten-free oats, and the best brands available, click here.
**Use of honey makes this recipe non-vegan.
***Consuming nuts/seeds with fruit may cause bloating or stomach discomfort. If you experience this, nuts/seeds should not be combined with fruit.